Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Iceland is Awesome!

Iceland!

     Ever been on island. Well, if you read the title you probably know that I'm talking about Iceland, the 18th biggest island on the planet. If you don't know where it is it lies in the North Atlantic Ocean, home to about 320,000 people. However, most of the population lies in the southwestern part of Iceland where the capital city of Reykjavi is. The rest is randomly placed throughout the rest of the island. And how big do you think it is? 20,000 square miles? 60,000? Nope! The correct answer is 40,000 square miles. Also, how cold do you think Iceland is on average? Maybe 0 degrees farenhiet. Or possibly -30 degrees farenheit. Doesn't that sound reasonable? Well, you are...( drum roll:dum dum dum dum)...wrong! It may even be warmer than New Jersey in the winter. How could this be true you ask? I mean Iceland is at the tip of the Artic Circle. Well, the Gulf Stream brings heat to the whole island making it a cozy place to be. This also helps with the ice in the costal line. Now there will be no ice just tumbling on to shore or freezing all the water on the coast. Iceland, don't fear, for the Gulf Stream is here!

How I feel?

     "Let me help you with that." Oh I'm sorry I was just booking my friend a ticket to Iceland. I told him all about my blog and he just had to take a vacation there. I'm just helping him pack his clothes. "Peace Albert!" So where were we. Oh yeah, I was talking about how good Iceland is. My words about it: great place, wonderful scenery, nice climate, and just a nice island to be on. Next time your there just take some time do some of the stuff i said in this blog like visiting the scenery and/or maybe even taking a shower, getting in comfy clothes and wrap yourself in blankets, make some hot chocolate, and finally sit in front of the TV and just relaxing. Take my advice, you'll love it.

Your Turn

     You heard how I talked about the Gulf Stream and how it warmed up part of Iceland making the climate not so bad. Well, your assignment is to research another place related to this idea of a stream or other natural feature that affects the climate of a certain area. Please answer this in the comment section below. Remember, it's all up to you. Peace!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment