Thursday, December 19, 2013

2013

Introduction

     Lots of important events happened in the year 2013. Many of them could have an important place in our minds like the Boston bombing or maybe Hurricane Haiyan. I'm going to write about the life of Nelson Mandela. He was an african president who was in jail before becoming one. He was sentenced to life in jail for a law many citizens thought was unfair. Many people fought for Nelson Mandela. Even the ones who didn't know him. Artists drew pictures about it, pop stars sang about it, and other things were done for his sake. The effect of Mr. Mandela's imprisonment was crazy. So that was why they let him out of jail. Then he went for president. Suprising,  isn't it? Though it was akward he still did it and actually even got elected president after doing some work to create very inspiring speeches. Now a days we admire people like him. He was an example-setter for the whole world! Yup, the whole world.

My Opinion

     Many moments were very memorable in 2013. I can remember last year the ball dropping on New Year announcing "IT IS NOW 2013!" Also I remember hearing Gangam Style on tv sometime before the ball dropped. I remember Sai coming out all energetic. Good times, good times. My most favorite time this year was when the last day of school came and every student in school waited for that joyous, melodious bell to ring. Sooner or later it did and dozens of children rushed out like the last molocule of oxygen was outside. So that was it, my most memorable day of the year. Now let's move on to 2014. In this year I'm looking forward to new styles and new songs. I wish I could get a sneak peek to hear one new song that's gonna be created in 2014. I really wish I could. 

Top Ten List 

  1.   China moon rover lands on moon
  2.  Nelson Mandela dies
  3.  Boston bombing
  4.  Super typhoon Haiyan destroys the Phillipines
  5.  Kenya mall attack
  6. Tokyo, Japan wins to hist 2020 olympics
  7. Spain train crash
  8. Huge tornado hits Oklahoma
  9. Deadly earthquake hits China Sichuan
  10. Meteorites injured hundreds from Russia

Your Turn

     You've probably heard of many events that happened in the past year, 2013. Well,  I want you to pick what you think is the most important event that occured in 2013. Remember it could be anything. Even the day you got your own lpod or something. there's only one rule. if nas to have happened this year. It could be on January 1 or even on December 31. AS long as it occureathis year. Well that's all folks, SEEYA!

No comments:

Post a Comment